Northeast Waste Management Officials' Association (NEWMOA)
NEWMOA's mission is to develop, lead, and sustain an effective partnership of states that helps achieve a clean, healthy, and sustainable environment by exploring, developing, promoting, and implementing environmentally sound solutions for:
- Reducing materials use and preventing pollution and waste;
- Properly reusing and recycling discarded materials that have value;
- Safely managing solid and hazardous wastes; and
- Remediating contaminated sites.
The Northeast Waste Management Officials' Association (NEWMOA) is a non-profit, non-partisan interstate association whose membership is composed of the state environmental agency directors of the hazardous waste, solid waste, waste site cleanup, emergency response, pollution prevention, and underground storage tank programs in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
The group achieves its goals by:
- Managing and sharing information and data;
- Facilitating state and federal agency interaction;
- Providing training and assistance;
- Supporting regulatory development and program implementation; and
- Conducting research.