Thursday, April 6, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Presented by: Jenn Hayslett
Fee: $109* (full-day, lunch included)
Building on the skills and knowledge of the Fundraising 1.0 workshop, this second workshop emphasizes a donor-centered approach to developing a successful non-profit development program. Fundraising succeeds on knowing our donors well. Learn to engage your donors in meaningful ways with the life of your organization to match donor philanthropic goals with organizational outcomes.
Through the training you will learn how to strengthen the following leverage points in your development program:
- Identify elements of a culture of philanthropy and integrate it into your organization’s DNA
- Engage board members in development and fundraising
- Work through a comprehensive stewardship assessment towards developing your organization’s donor-centered stewardship program by focusing on what donors tell us they value
- Practice how to successfully book donor appointments to get out the door! We’ll go over strategies for planning your time to balance office demands with donor visits.
- Learn models for designing and managing conversations, gathering information from your donors through surveys and interviews, making direct solicitations for gifts, and planning next ‘touches’ to turn donors into lifetime investors.
- Practice stewardship and solicitation conversations, including setting a framework for solicitations and bequest conversations, based on neuroscience research
- Emphasize donor stories and fundraising success in your fundraising materials and on social media
- Resources for supplementary print and online materials
You’ll be asked to bring a few examples of donors to your organization for practice.
We will be sending materials ahead of time for all participants so that you get the most out of your workshop day relative to your organization and experience.
Who is this program for?
Anyone with some fundraising experience who wants to strengthen skills and knowledge. This program gives you a comprehensive overview of what you need to know to develop a donor-centered and successful fundraising program.
With extensive handouts, lecture, dialogue, interactive sessions, individual exercises, and work in pairs.
About the Presenter
Jenn Hayslett is a creative development professional with 25 years of leadership experience as a community organizer, marketer, teacher, fundraiser, and coach. She works with individuals and nonprofits to imagine what is possible, get clarity of purpose, articulate goals, and develop strategies for achieving them.
Jenn currently is the Senior Director for Development and Communications at The Sharon Academy (TSA). She is also an associate at Yellow Brick Road Consulting, and the principal at Jenn Hayslett Coaching & Consulting, where she supports individuals and nonprofits in delivering their promise to the world.
* If your organization is a tenant of the NonProfit Center, a TSNE fiscal sponsorship project, or an Inclusion Initiative grantee, please contact email@example.com before registering to request a scholarship rate of $25.00. Scholarships are limited, and awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis; maximum 1 per organization per workshop.